Cinder Review

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)Cinder by Marissa Meyer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

When I started reading Cinder I had no idea what to expect. While I did enjoy reading Cinder, I felt that there wasn't enough depth or detail in the storyline (this may come later since this is a 4 part series). We don't really get a lot of background information on the world that Cinder is living in. I still can't figure out why Cyborgs are looked down upon as lower class citizens.

The overall concept of Cinder was interesting and imaginative, but I don't think it lived up to it's potential. The writing and descriptions of the futuristic setting are very creative. I felt I understood how things were, even if I didn't know why. I enjoyed that the things we are not familiar with in this futuristic setting were explained as they came up in the story.

The plot does move along nicely. Although I really did not care for the political aspect, which there was a lot of. And I guessed the big reveal pretty early in the story so there was no surprise there for me. Reading along while everyone in the story slowly catches on to the big secret wasn't as exciting as it could have been. I'm happy that part of the story took place in the first book.

Cinder is told mainly from Cinder's POV, although there are a few chapters from Kai's POV to change it up a little. The 2 main characters are both likable and interesting enough. I appreciated their slow moving friendship/relationship and can see potential in the pairing. Although I felt that Kai was not focused on enough for my liking. Overall, I enjoyed reading Cinder. There is an air of predictability about it, but there are enough added aspects to the fairytale to keep readers interested.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.