Waiting On Wednesday (37) Black City


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

My choice for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:




Black City (Black City #1) by Elizabeth Richards

Hardcover, 373 pages
Expected publication: November 13th 2012 by G.P. Putnam's Sons BYR

Synopsis From Goodreads:
A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war.

In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash’s long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught, they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong.

When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.


Why I Want To Read It:
I usually prefer to read contemporaries, but when I came across this book and read the synopsis I was definitely intrigued.

What are you waiting on this week?

10 comments:

  1. I love this cover and I am really excited for this one as well. Great pick!

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this book more and more here lately! It's hard to forget with such a beautiful cover! Added to my TBR :)

    My WOW:
    http://oliviasbookaholiclife.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely looking forward to this one. :) And it will look gorgeous on a shelf! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is getting a lot of publicity! I might be getting it myself for it does sound interesting!

    Here's My WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for this one, either!
    Btw, here's mine.
    *New follower. :)
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is my WOW this week and I, too, can't wait for the book to come out. Awesome pick!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I can't wait for this one either. It's going to be so awesome!

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already heard some great things about this one. I think it will be an amazing book :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-17-kit-grindstaff.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to this one too! I love the cover for it, and the synopsis sounds great!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shattering on the cover, don't you? Great pick this week :)

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.