Top Ten Tuesday (13)


Top Ten Tuesday brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Books to Get into the Halloween Spirit
In no particular order.


1. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown by Charles M. Schulz
It's not Halloween unless you include The Great Pumpkin.


2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
Gothic at it's best. And a classic, so you can't go wrong.

Photobucket

3. The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
This is a great book to get the creepy vibe going.


4. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
Zombie apocalypse. 'Nuff said.

Photobucket

5. Dangerous Boy by Mandy Hubbard
A modern retelling of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. With teens. Scary.


6. Pet Sematary by Stephen King (ANY Stephen King book can be inserted here)
This is the cover of the book that I read back in 1984. That picture scares the shit out of me. When I had my children, and they had temper tantrum freak outs, I often thought of 'Gage' from this story. It still scares me.


7. My Sweet Audrina by V.C. Andrews
I read this in 1982 when I was 14 and just thinking about it now creeps me out.


8. Cold Kiss (Cold Kiss #1) by Amy Garvey
Creepy zombie boyfriend. 'Cold and marble-like' is SO not cool.


9. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin
Just creepy enough to give you the chills.


10. Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan
Last, but not least. I recently read this and it was awesome!

7 comments:

  1. I've actually NEVER been able to read Pet Sematery all the way through. It scared me that much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Cold Kiss on my Kindle, and I've almost started reading it a few times...but then I started a 4 pack of books by Scott Nicholson (very good for Halloween, as well) and John Dies at the End...so it may be a while before I get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just borrowed the sequel to Cold Kiss, Glass Heart, from the library. I can't wait to read it.

      Delete
  3. I really do need to sit down and read a Stephen King book all the way through! Jane Eyre was a good call, definitely a gothic, halloween-y read!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have realized that while Stepehn King is a great writer, I just can't put myself through the horror of reading his books anymore. They leave a long-lasting chill in my bones. I've only read a few - Cujo, Christine, and Pet Sematary. That's enough for me. :)

      Delete
  4. You are so right. Perfect for the season. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.