Waiting On Wednesday (54) Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2) by Jessica Spotswood


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

My choice for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



Hardcover, 272 pages
Expected publication: June 18, 2013 by Putnam Juvenile

Synopsis From Goodreads:
With the Brotherhood persecuting witches like never before, a divided Sisterhood desperately needs Cate to come into her Prophesied powers. And after Cate's friend Sachi is arrested for using magic, a war-thirsty Sister offers to help her find answers—if Cate is willing to endanger everyone she loves.

Cate doesn't want to be a weapon, and she doesn't want to involve her friends and Finn in the Sisterhood's schemes. But when Maura and Tess join the Sisterhood, Maura makes it clear that she'll do whatever it takes to lead the witches to victory. Even if it means sacrifices. Even if it means overthrowing Cate. Even if it means all-out war.

In the highly anticipated sequel to Born Wicked, the Cahill Witch Chronicles continue Cate, Maura and Tess's quest to find love, protect family, and explore their magic against all odds in an alternate history of New England.

I really enjoyed the alternate reality in Born Wicked. Even though the first book could have been better, I am still looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

What are you waiting on this week?

6 comments:

  1. OOh haven't heard of that one! Looks intriguing! Haven't read Born Wicked either, but I love spinoffs!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick! I have Born Wicked sitting on my shelf just waiting to be read.

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have not read the first but love the cover <3 nice choice

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I didn't know the sequel had a cover already! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover, and I hope this book meets our expectations. :) Great pick! I still need to read the first - it's on my shelf but for whatever reason haven't found an opportunity to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.