Review: Camouflaged (Hiding from Love, #0.5) by Selena Laurence

Camouflaged (Hiding from Love, #0.5)Camouflaged (Hiding from Love, #0.5) by Selena Laurence

Publication Date: October 27, 2013
Page Count: 124
Published by: C.P. Writes, LLC
Source: Purchased

**Due to sexual content, language and violence, this book is more suitable for ages 18 and up**

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Gabe Thompson enlisted to help out his buddy, but three years later he's 100% US military bad boy, serving in the desert of Afghanistan where the days are hot, but the nights are hotter.

Alexis Garcia is out to save the world. The University of Texas freshman has come to Afghanistan to do aid work with the United Nations. She's all about the peace, and she has no use for the camp's biggest, baddest, gun toting player.

But, sometimes camouflage is more than a color, and people aren't what they seem. When conflict develops not only between Gabe and Alexis, but also all around them, they're forced to look deeper, and what they find will rock their worlds and change their hearts forever.

 photo MyThoughts3_zpsezkjjrsc.png

This was a free novella I picked up on Amazon. At 124 pages, it has a full story arc, but it ends on a CLIFFHANGER!!!! Which, of course, made me go purchase the whole series in a box set because I just had to read it all!

I wasn't too sure about Gabe at first because he was such an asshole. But he showed some great character growth throughout the story, and by the end I started to wonder if he really could change for the better. Alexis was young and naïve, and Gabe was NOT what she needed. I also worried that she wouldn't be able to handle the difficult situation that they found themselves in, but she proved me wrong.

While the story is really interesting, I still found parts to be unbelievable. Maybe that's just me and I should probably enjoy the story for what it is. Overall, I did enjoy reading this novella. But now that I am writing this review, I realize that some of my reasons for liking this novella stem from reading book 2 in this series, which is all about Gabe and Alexis. So if you read this novella, then you absolutely have to read book 2 for the real story of Gabe and Alexis.


4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.