Review: Hidden (Hiding from Love #1) by Selena Laurence

Hidden (Hiding from Love, #1)Hidden (Hiding from Love #1) by Selena Laurence

Publication Date: July 23, 2013
Page Count: 222
Published by: C.P. Writes, LLC
Source: Purchased

**Due to sexual content, language and violence, this book is only suitable for ages 18 and up**

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Nick Carlisle comes to Hawaii to hide—from what happened during his service in Afghanistan, from relationships, from his future. Lyndsey Anderson came to Hawaii to hide too—from the man who abused her, from the sacrifices she made, from her dark past. But when Nick meets Lyndsey, Hawaii gets a whole lot hotter, and they find they can’t hide their hearts. As Nick fights to come to terms with what he’s done, Lyndsey struggles to forgive herself for the choices she’s made. But when the dangerous past threatens the beautiful present, can they survive to learn how to love? And who will finally reveal what’s hidden?

I was first introduced to Nick in the free novella Camouflaged (Hiding from Love 0.5). I was instantly intrigued by his back story and I couldn't wait to read Hidden to find out all about him.

I really enjoyed this book. Nick and Lyndsey were very likable characters. Both of them had big secrets and difficult pasts that they were running from. I liked that they started as friends, and then became closer as they spent more time together. It was obvious from the start that they would end up loving each other. But I felt that the story really got interesting when their pasts started getting in the way. I didn't know if they would be able to work things out and stay together, or if they would be torn apart.

Hidden was a quick and easy read with great writing. I really liked the secondary characters. Raoul and Leesa were great friends, and they made the perfect stand in parents not only for Lyndsey, but for Nick too. Nick's best friend, Gabe, was so supportive and really wanted to help Nick and Lyndsey get their HEA.

I love emotional stories, and Hidden did not disappoint. I'm really enjoying this series so far, and I'm looking forward to reading Gabe's story in the next book.

3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.