What I am reading... Taken (Taken #1) by Erin Bowman


Hardcover, 352 pages
Expected publication: April 16th 2013 by HarperTeen

I started reading Taken today, and even though I have only read 23%, I am really enjoying it. Let me tell you all again that I'm not a huge fan of dystopians (I even hate the word dystopian.) I would choose to read a contemporary over a dystopian any day, but ever since I came across this book I have been wanting to read it. The synopsis really intrigued me, and I love that it is told from a male's POV.

From the synopsis: There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys — but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends…and he’s gone.

Opening line: Today is the last day I will see my brother. Gray is speaking of his brother, Blaine, who turns 18 the following day. Let me go totally old school (and completely OT) for a moment here and tell you that every time I hear the name 'Blaine', I automatically think of the character 'Blaine' from Pretty In Pink. In the movie, after Andie tells Duckie she can go out with Blaine if she wants to, Duckie exclaims "Blaine? His name is Blaine? Oh, that's a major appliance, that's not a name!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.