Top Ten Tuesday (20) Beach Reads


Top Ten Tuesday brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Beach Reads

I live nowhere near an ocean beach. I am smack dab in the middle of the country, so the 'beach' for us is at lakes, rivers, or streams. No beaches on the flooded Mississippi. No beaches on the flooded Missouri. So currently we are left with creeks and/or streams.... we just found a new park that opened up near us that has a 'beach' on a creek, so that's the closest I can get to the real thing for now. Sad, isn't it? Oh, my kids have never seen the ocean. So far, they refuse to fly, and I refuse to drive 20+ hours to get there.

So here are my beach reads, in no particular order:

 photo ThisIsWhatHappyLooksLike.jpg photo Golden.jpg photo NantucketBlue_zpsd6e665d9.jpg

This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

Golden by Jessi Kirby

Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland

All 3 of these are new releases and just perfect for a day at the beach!

 photo TheTrouble_zps04a9073c.jpg photo HowMySummerWentUpInFlames.jpg

The Trouble with Flirting by Claire LaZebnik
Summer vacation at a Shakespeare Theatre group. Tons of fun!

How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
Summertime and a road trip!

 photo PastPerfect.jpg photo Jellicoe.jpg photo TheSkyIsEverywhere_zpsa322fe56.jpg photo GoingTooFar.jpg

Past Perfect by Leila Sales
This book is adorable! I just love it. I wish everyone would read it.

On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
This is a seriously good book. If you haven't read this yet, you really should!

The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Definitely not 'light' reading, but it's really good!

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
My favorite Jennifer Echols book. I adore Johnafter. Best book boyfriend ever! (That sounds weird coming from me, since I'm old enough to be his mother. In fact, my son is 18, so a 'book boyfriend' who is 19 is just weird. How about best book son instead? Would that be acceptable?)

 photo Persuasion3_zpsca0c6fda.jpg

Persuasion by Jane Austen
Last, but not least. Everyone should read Persuasion.


6 comments:

  1. Oh these all look like great beach reads! Surprisingly, I haven't read Persuasion yet. Wuthering Heights is my first true foray into the world of classic literature, and I am enjoying it, so it looks like I will have to try Persuasion next!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, pretty much all of these are on my Summer TBR. Golden is the only book on your list that I've read and it also made my list :)

    ~ Gabbi
    My top ten! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list! I loved Jellicoe Road by Marchetta.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sky is Everywhere made my list too. Jellicoe Road is a good one to include. Your first five picks are all on my TBR pile, they look like great beach reads!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I loved Golden and Nantucket Blue & How My Summer Went Up in Flames is on my TBR list :D

    Here's my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a few in common. I absolutely adored Golden. I need to read Going Too Far. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.