Mini Reviews: Free Christmas Novellas from Amazon


Today I have mini reviews of a few of the Christmas Novellas I have read recently. All of these were FREE from Amazon within the past week. No guarantees that they are still free, so check carefully. And please let me know if you have any recommendations for me since I haven't gotten my fill of Christmas novellas yet!

This is my favorite New Adult Christmas novella that I have read so far this season. I loved both of the protagonists and I really enjoyed the story. The book was long enough to have a fully fleshed out back story and great character development. Really cute and sweet and perfect for a quick holiday pick me up.

At 84 pages, this New Adult novella had more substance to it. The writing was a little clunky at times and it could use some serious editing. I liked both of the main characters, and I liked that the author managed to include a little bit of back story so you can see how their relationship progressed. There's some family drama and angst, but overall this was a nice Christmas story.

This story unfolded at a rapid pace, which didn't allow me time to get to know the characters. I immediately disliked Terrance because he was pushy and presumptuous. The relationship was too much, too soon, and I wasn't feeling any of it. At least this was a really short novella!

This adult contemporary romance was really short and nice enough for being such a quick read. The 2 main characters are pushed together by their mutual friends who are all happily married and determined to make them a couple too. If you can get past the silly lines Santa and Mrs. Claus utter to each other on the parade float, then you might enjoy this novella.

Really sweet, but unbelievable and slightly uninspiring, this story has all the cheese of the season! I would be interested in reading this as a fully fleshed out story because the novella leaves a LOT unsaid and undone.

Good thing this was short because it was painful to read at times. The plot was all over the place and the pacing was odd. Roman was tolerable, but I didn't like Noelle, so I found it hard to care about their relationship. Maybe skip this one?

That's it for now. I still have more novellas to read, so I'll have more mini reviews coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.