Movie Review: Into The Woods


Title: Into The Woods
MPAA Rating: PG
Runtime: 2 hrs 5 min
Starring: Anna Kendrick, Meryl Streep, Chris Pine
Release Date: December 25, 2014
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Musical

A witch tasks a childless baker and his wife with procuring magical items from classic fairy tales to reverse the curse put on their family tree.

The Bad:

What the freak did I just watch? Seriously? This was awful. Almost every song sounded exactly the same, so this was one long dragged on mess of a musical. This first half of the movie was a bit interesting, but the story just got worse and worse and darker and more depressing as it went on. I actually had to stop watching after an hour and a half and watch the remainder the following night. I don't know why I bothered because this movie was crap.

The Good:

The movie is pure agony, but the song 'Agony' is insanely awesome! Billy Magnussen? Yes, please! (I haven't seen him since As The World Turns, so this was a nice surprise.) If you care to watch below, the singing begins at 1:20.



Final Thoughts:

Give this movie a pass, it's not worth your time. I'm sorry I didn't spend my precious time watching something far more entertaining.

*Movie Reviews inspired by Chick Lit Fridays at Pinkindle Reads & Reviews.*

1 comment:

  1. Stephen Sondheim is so up and down. I love some of his musicals, and others are just hard to sit through. I watched a few scenes from Into The Woods and I knew it just wasn't going to be my cup of tea...I'm sorry you hung with it so long only to realize you couldn't finish it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.