Review: Love in a Small Town (Pine Harbour, #1) by Zoe York

Love in a Small Town (Pine Harbour, #1)Love in a Small Town (Pine Harbour, #1) by Zoe York

Publication Date: August 26, 2014
Page Count: 186
Published by: ZoYo Press
Source: Kindle

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Six years. Two break ups. One divorce. They should be over each other.

Police officer and army reservist Rafe Minelli knows better than to tell his wife no, particularly since they aren't married anymore. She can’t hightail it out of town, though, not when they’ve finally broken through the post-divorce cold war status quo.

Olivia Minelli needs to leave Pine Harbour. It’s just too hard to see Rafe moving on without her—even if he says he doesn’t want to. But when a new and exciting job falls into her lap, she needs to choose: protect her heart, or take the new job and risk getting emotionally entangled with her ex-husband. Again.

 photo MyThoughtsBanner2_zps1bk1ovpj.png

I'm surprised I liked this book as much as I did. I picked it up for free on Amazon so I really didn't know what to expect, especially since this is my first time reading this author. But I ended up enjoying the story so much that I purchased and read the second book, and now I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Love in a Small Town was just what I had been needing - adult romance with a bit of drama! There was enough angst to make me really feel for the characters. And the perfect balance between the emotional scenes and the humorous and good times kept things interesting. Rafe and Olivia had serious problems that they needed to work through, and both believed their relationship was worth the effort. I loved that the action and dialogue felt so realistic because it really helped me get involved in the story and care about what happened to the characters. I didn't always agree with everything, but I could understand where they were coming from and sympathize with their difficulties. And I couldn't help but want them to get their HEA.

I really liked Rafe and Olivia, and I enjoyed every moment they spent together. I loved the small town setting, even though it added more drama to an already complicated situation. I also liked the secondary characters (and there were a LOT of them!) Overall, this was a well written story with great characters that is definitely worth reading.

**Love in a Small Town is still available for free on Amazon.

 photo 4 star WfW_zpsohgdf5sv.png

My rating: 4 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.