Waiting On Wednesday (226) Dirty (Dive Bar #1) by Kylie Scott

 photo WoW_zpsefugwmrq.png


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday has become my favorite day of the week because I get to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo Dirty_zpsiulp5hmj.jpg

Expected publication: April 19th 2016 by St. Martin's Griffin

Synopsis from Goodreads:

The last thing Vaughan Hewson expects to find when he returns to his childhood home is a broken hearted bride in his shower, let alone the drama and chaos that comes with her.

Lydia Green doesn't know whether to burn down the church or sit and cry in a corner. Discovering the love of your life is having an affair on your wedding day is bad enough. Finding out it's with his best man is another thing all together. She narrowly escapes tying the knot and meets Vaughan only hours later.

Vaughan is the exact opposite of the picture perfect, respected businessman she thought she'd marry. This former musician-turned-bartender is rough around the edges and unsettled. But she already tried Mr. Right and discovered he's all wrong-maybe it's time to give Mr. Right Now a chance.

After all, what's wrong with getting dirty?

I may have already read this. Okay.... I already read this. BUT, I was still looking forward to reading it up until I actually read it. And then I may have been disappointed. Ergh. I was disappointed. Because Vaughan was in the last book of the Stage Dive series, and I really (really) liked him and was interested in his story. But this book is from the girl's POV and I just. Don't. Get. It.

What are you waiting on this week?

17 comments:

  1. That's totally new to me! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but I hope you will thoroughly enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. Sorry you didn't enjoy this. It does seem interesting from the blurb, but not sure if it's enough to make me want to pick it up. Thanks for sharing still :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for contemporaries, and Vaughan was wicked awesome as a small side character (this is a spin off series.) It's too bad the author didn't give me his POV. Thanks for stopping by Shane!

      Delete
  3. I hope you'll enjoy it when it comes out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pick-- hope that you get a chance to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you were disappointed, it sounds like it'd be really good... :(

    Joana @ The Boundless Booklist

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does have an interesting premise though. Do you think you might try book 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to keep on reading the series. I'll try not to get too excited about my favorite characters though, because this was a disappointment. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Oooo! I've not read any of this author's books, though I know how popular she is. :D I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week, Sandra. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a sexy, fun read! Hope you're able to get ahold of it soon! Thanks for visiting my WOW earlier!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.