Review: Charged (Saints of Denver, #2) by Jay Crownover

Charged (Saints of Denver, #2)Charged (Saints of Denver, #2) by Jay Crownover

Publication Date: May 24, 2016
Page Count: 384
Published by: William Morrow Paperbacks
Source: eArc from Publisher for review

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Avett Walker and Quaid Jackson’s worlds have no reason to collide. Ever. Quaid is a high powered criminal attorney as slick as he is handsome. Avett is a pink-haired troublemaker with a bad attitude and a history of picking the wrong men.

When Avett lands in a sea of hot water because of one terrible mistake, the only person who can get her out of it is the insanely sexy lawyer. The last thing on earth she wants to do is rely on the no-nonsense attorney who thinks of her as nothing more than a nuisance. He literally has her fate in his hands. Yet there is something about him that makes her want to convince him to loosen his tie and have a little fun…with her.

Quaid never takes on clients like the impulsive young woman with a Technicolor dye job. She could stand to learn a hard lesson or two, but something about her guileless hazel eyes intrigues him. Still, he’s determined to keep their relationship strictly business. But doing so is becoming more impossible with each day he spends with her.

As they work side-by-side, they’ll have to figure out a way to get along and keep their hands off each other—because the chemistry between them is beyond charged.

 photo MyThoughtsBanner2_zps1bk1ovpj.png

I have to admit that I was a bit leery going into Charged because I haven't liked Avett since she came on the scene in the previous series (Marked Men.) So, I decided beforehand that I would put aside my dislike and try to start with a clean slate. I'm glad I did, because while I can't say I totally love her now, I like her well enough, and that's good enough for me. Quaid, on the other hand, I did love. He was strong, thoughtful, and considerate... and looked perfect on the outside. But inside he was a bit insecure, which made him more likable. I also enjoyed his interesting backstory. He and Avett were complete opposites, but they worked so well together. Of course they had off the charts chemistry, and something just clicked when they were in close proximity.

I love that this was written in dual POV. I just really enjoyed getting both perspectives! It always makes the story more interesting for me. This book had a few surprises along the way, and I was happy with the way the story developed.

I was proud of Avett once she decided to turn her life around. She judged herself more harshly than those she had hurt, and she didn't think she deserved to be let off the hook so easily. But everyone around her surprised her by being supportive, and I was glad they didn't hold her past against her.

Overall, this turned out to be a very entertaining story. I loved seeing some of the 'guys' again, and getting a glimpse of new characters whose stories are coming.

Before I forget, I have to mention that I'm looking forward to more Wheeler! I got the tiniest bit of him in Charged (big sigh...) and it just made me want more, more, more! So it looks like Wheeler and Poppy will be getting their own story soon. I can't wait.

 photo 4 star WfW_zpsohgdf5sv.png
My rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.