January Wrap Up and February TBR


I read a total of 25 books and novellas in January. I have so many books on my tbr that I don't know how I'll ever get to them all!

Read in January 2018



Counting on You (Counting #3) by Kelly Jensen
Body Art by Jordan Castillo Price
Risky Behavior (Bad Behavior #1) by L.A. Witt and Cari Z.



Suspicious Behavior (Bad Behavior #2) by L.A. Witt and Cari Z.
Reckless Behavior (Bad Behavior #3) by L.A. Witt and Cari Z.

I went back and reread the Bad Behavior series in anticipation of the final book in the series, a novella which turned out to be so darned cute! It was definitely worth getting past all the bad stuff that happened along the way to their happily ever after.



Model Exposure (Haven Investigations #4) by Lissa Kasey
Daylight Again (Hell or High Water #3) by S.E. Jakes
Not Fade Away (Hell or High Water #3.5) by S.E. Jakes

I finally finished the Haven Investigations series. I like all of the books well enough over all, but they sure are over the top!
I read the Hell or High Water series for the third time. I don't know why I keep torturing myself knowing that the end of the series may never be written.



Deal Maker (Deal Maker #1) by Lily Morton
Trick Roller (Seven of Spades #2) by Cordelia Kingsbridge
Winter (The Haunted Heart #1) by Josh Lanyon

Trick Roller was spectacular! I'm loving this series so far. (However, the cover and synopsis for the 4th book was recently revealed and it contains spoilers for book 3, which hasn't been released yet!!!)
I read Josh Lanyon's Winter in anticipation of book 2 being released later this year. I didn't know it would make me so sad! Something is revealed about the MC that broke my heart. But if I think about it logically, this is supposed to be a 4 part series, so things should be looking up for him.



The Boy Next Door by Josh Lanyon
In a Dark Wood (In A Dark Wood #1) by Josh Lanyon
The Parting Glass (In A Dark Wood #2) by Josh Lanyon

All 3 of these books were 2nd chance romances. The Boy Next Door was really cute and sweet, but too short!
In A Dark Wood is a 2 part series. The first book was a mystery that had an ambiguous ending. But in The Parting Glass the 2 MCs are trying to find their way back to each other, and it made me so sad at times.



Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1) by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban
Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run #2) by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban
Fish & Chips (Cut & Run #3) by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban

I've been seeing the Cut & Run series around for years, so I thought I'd give it a go. While I can understand the appeal of the 2 male leads, the writing isn't that great, and they aren't very good FBI agents!



The French Have a Word for It by Josh Lanyon
A Limited Engagement by Josh Lanyon
In Sunshine or in Shadow by Josh Lanyon

Some more Josh Lanyon novellas. These are really good, but way too short!



Perfect Day (Wyatt & Graham #1) by Josh Lanyon
Until We Meet Once More by Josh Lanyon
Heart Trouble by Josh Lanyon

Ditto what I said above - really, really cute, but way too short.



Just Desserts (Tales of the Curious Cookbook) by Mary Calmes
In Plain Sight by Josh Lanyon

A little something different from Mary Calmes. I enjoyed the first half of this book, but in the second half *things* happened too fast and were settled without any sort of conflict. So it was pretty anti-climactic.
Another second chance romance from Josh Lanyon that I wish was longer!


February 2018 TBR


Where Death Meets the Devil by L.J. Hayward
The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run #4) by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban


I plan on eventually reading all 9 books (and the novellas) in the Cut & Run Series.

I'm also looking forward to reading Together Tied, the Marshals novella on Instafreebie on the 15th of February. (The final book in the Marshals series comes out it March, so I can't wait for that!)




2 comments:

  1. 25 books in a month is amazing! I hope you have a good February and get lots of reading done.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you read a lot in January :D Totally jealous, haha. <3 You are awesome Sandra :) So glad you read so many books that you loved. YAY :D And eee, The Prince and the Dressmaker was pretty much adorable. Hope you love it :) Happy reading. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.